Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sangria Makes Me Happy



I'm planning on having some girl time this weekend and there's no better accompaniment than SANGRIA! Not to brag or anything, but my sangria recipe simultaneously tastes delicious and gets you good and drunk. This recipe is not for the weak of heart. So if you're feeling like a go-getter, drink up, you have a lot of adventures to have.


Ingredients:
2 bottles of red wine (I prefer Pinot Noir, though lately I've been drinking a lot of Panilonco Carmenere from Trader Joe's. It's like 4 bucks and is a lovely table wine.)
1/4 cup of strawberries
1/4 cup of raspberries
1/4 cup of blackberries
1/4 cup of orange (cubed)
1/4 of orange juice
1/8 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of brandy
1/4 cup of triple sec


The fruit combination is really fluid. Just use whatever you have around. In the winter, I use pears. You can use peaches in the summer. I just didn't have any around the house today. The quantity and combination of fruit really doesn't matter. Just use the types of fruit that you like. 


Directions: Mix ingredients in a pitcher. Let sit for at least 6 hours--preferably overnight to let the fruit flavors get all mixed in, but not necessary. And that's it.


Happy drinking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear what you guys think! Kisses.