Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Frozen Choco-Nuto

I should probably work on my recipe naming skills. Bear with me. I'm new at this.


I originally made this recipe about 10 years ago (I started young), but it fell out of favor because my ma got creeped by the raw eggs in it. But I say, nay! It's really good, and if a little egg scares you off, it's your loss, because this stuff is crazy good. A little food knowledge--I'm Alton Brown--that I stole from the USDA: "Freezing to 0 °F inactivates any microbes — bacteria, yeasts and molds — present in food." Boom. So just freeze for the whole two hours, and you're good to go.

Ingredients for Crust:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup softened butter
1 cup flour

Ingredients for Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup Cool Whip* (We didn't have Cool Whip, but we had whipping cream, so I beat 1/2 cup whipping cream with 2 1/2 tbsp sugar in a cooled bowl for approximately 5 minutes or until thick and fluffy.)
1 cup melted chocolate chips

Directions for Crust:
Heat oven to 350 F. Cream brown sugar (or suga if you fancy), butter, and peanut butter until light and fluffy.


Add flour and blend until crumbly.


Press into bottom of 9x13 pan and bake for 10 minutes. Stick in the fridge to cool until filling is ready. Easy.


Directions for Filling:
Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs. Beat well. Maybe too well.


Fold in Cool Whip *see directions above if you don't have Cool Whip but you do have whipping cream...probably unlikely unless your mom is Foodie Kim. I'm lucky that way.


Spread whipped cream/peanut buttery filling over cooled crust.

 
Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a metal bowl over a pot with water in it. We have a double boiler but it was really high on the shelf, so I McGyvered a lil' contraption.





Drizzle the chocolate over the peanut butter filling. You can make swirls or boxes. Lines. Let your world awaken in creative expression. Doesn't really matter, so long as chocolate ends up on top. You can cut through gently with a knife if you feel like marbling it. Whatevs.



 Freeze for at least two hours. Take out of freezer 10 minutes before serving.

What's that? You said something? I couldn't hear you, my mouth was full of a frozen PB snack.

Oh hey, don't eat this if you're allergic. DUH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear what you guys think! Kisses.