Monday, June 6, 2011

Work Abroad

I've been a little restless lately. Maybe it's just that I'm sick of Arizona, need a sense of purpose, or that my friends are moving away, but I've been wanting to get the heck out of Dodge. I want to do something drastic. I want to change my life. So, today I was looking into work abroad programs. I like travel, and I'm a hard worker, so huzzah! Why not? It would certainly be something new to try.

So if any of you are in a similar predicament, here are a few that I've found that look promising. Through WWOOF (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms) you can work at an organic farm in exchange for free room and board. Although, I'm not entirely sure I'm cut out for the farming lifestyle. The only exception being cute farmer boys. That I would be just fine with. Another option is to teach English abroad. I speak, read, and write English--aha! I'm an ideal candidate! I was looking at the International TEFL Academy. It seems like a nice option. You get paid to teach English in a variety of countries. The only problem is the class you have to take in order to teach abroad is $1300...slightly out of my price range. But maybe I could work it out. I don't have many answers, but I do believe something important and exciting is on the horizon! This nagging feeling I've been having is finally starting to result in action.

If any of you have participated in these type of programs or have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!


2 comments:

  1. One of my friends and I applied for a program through CIEE (they use TEFL certification). She ended up teaching in Spain for a year, I did not. BUT, I'm sure she would love to tell you about it! Her name is Elise Biebelberg - message her on Facebook if you'd like to talk to her about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks! I'll look into that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear what you guys think! Kisses.