Thursday, June 16, 2011

Peach and Blueberry Crumbly Goodness

This week, with all the new peaches in season, I decided I wanted some peachy cobbler-like substance in my mouth. I think that's all I need to say about that. Now this recipe is kind of a mash-up of a few recipes combined with a few baking errors on my part, but the mini-cobblers turned out delicious, so I'm going to keep the errors in the recipe I write here. Now, I'm not sure I've ever written a recipe before, so if this is a little ragged, I apologize. I am like a toddler taking my first steps. Sometimes I will stumble. But NOT TODAY. Even if I do, this recipe is pretty fool-proof. Like I said, I messed it up, and they were still delicious. 
So, here goes: 

Lauren's Peach and Blueberry Extravaganza:


Ingredients for Peach and Blueberry Mix:
6 peaches
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar 
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp fresh nutmeg
2 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup of fresh blueberries

Ingredients for Cobbler Topping:
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup oats
3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Butter the interior of six individual-sized ramekins. Blanch peaches in a pot of boiling water for 30 seconds each. Run peaches under cool water after removal from the hot water. Peel the peaches with a knife (or your hands if they're really blanched and you're feeling wild). 


Cut each peach into approximately 10 slices each (11 or 9 slices would be just fine. FINE I SAY.)


Transfer to a large bowl and toss with the lemon juice.


Whisk together sugar, flour, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Toss with peaches. 



Add the blueberries and mix the whole mess together. Transfer the mix evenly into the 6 ramekins and dot evenly with the butter.


Now it's time for the topping. Mix together flour, baking soda, oats, and salt in a small bowl. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the dry ingredients and mix until it thickens a bit into clumps. Sprinkle topping over the peach mixture. Bake 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown. 

Here is the finished product! Aren't they beautiful?! I'm a TOP CHEF. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear what you guys think! Kisses.