Thursday, August 25, 2011

Drink of the Moment: Whiskey Sours



Every fortnight or thereabouts I get nostalgic for the Old South. Picket fences. Home-made lemonade. Hot nights and cool mornings. Mind you--I've never actually lived in the South. The vase majority of my (excessive) knowledge on the subject comes from True Blood and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. So let's just say, I KNOW A LOT.

In this regard*, I'd like to enjoy some Whiskey Sours with ya'll on this fine summa evenin'.

*insert Southern twang here

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup whiskey (recommended: Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey)
  • 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 lemons)
  • 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (4 limes)
  • 2/3 cup sugar syrup (it's a 1:1 ratio of sugar to water, boil until dissolved, fellas)
  • Ice cubes
  • Maraschino cherries
Directions:

Squeeze juices. Mix the whiskey, lemon juice, lime juice, and sugar syrup. Put about half the mixture into a shaker with ice. Shake it til the ice is a lil crumbly (10-20 seconds or so). Pour into a cute glass. Add a cherry as a garnish.

I DO DECLARE THAT IS THE FINEST COCKTAIL THIS SIDE OF THE MISSISSIPPI.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear what you guys think! Kisses.