Monday, September 5, 2011

Woman Child


I love this shoot for many reasons. One is that it's showing this pretty grown-up looking girl surrounded by dolls and teddy bears. She's stuck between two worlds. Which is sad and something that I can't relate to at all--not be facetious considering I'm 23 and live with my parents... oh God, just writing it is depressing. Moving on. 

Another reason I like this is her makeup and hair! Pretty pink lips and curly hair. I like the bun shots as well--they're so in right now

And I love the use of jewelry. I've been stumped lately because I have this slinky floor length black dress to wear for an  upcoming event and I have NO IDEA how to style it. I don't want to go too traditional because I don't want to date myself, but it is a formal event so I'm not sure how much python print would fly. It occurred to me when I was brainstorming the other day that green earrings might just do the trick--think Angelina Jolie at the Oscars in 2009--so I'll be on the look out for that. My point being that this girl is wearing a black dress and awesome green earrings as well. So perhaps I'm on the right track.

If anyone has any other styling suggestions, I'd LOVE to hear them!










"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
Lewis Carroll


Olivia Greenfield by Julian Ungano for Fashion Gone Rogue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear what you guys think! Kisses.