Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I went all the way to san antonio and all I got was this lousy picture of the alamo


For reals. I being the highly advanced creature that I am I FORGOT TO BRING MY CAMERA. And I don't have a fancy iPhone like you people, so this is LITERALLY the only picture from the entire weekend. I went to visit a friend, he took this lone picture, so there are no pictures of the two of us from the entire trip. I feel like a failure. So, I suppose all you can do is bask in the simplicity. I was unencumbered with technology. Womp womp. It was such a waste. 


But I'll try to give a quick overview of the trip anyways. It was great! There was BBQ, and a drive-through alcohol stand where they sell the drink in bags (apparently that's less illegal?),  and bowling, and a pizzeria movie theatre where you eat while watching the movie, the River Walk (which wasn't really worth all the hype), and the Alamo (which is where the only picture was taken).


Two things I will recommend, though, because they were probably the coolest things we did: 


Numero Uno: Rudy's BBQ--dubbed "The Worst Bar-B-Q in Texas" and is ironically plastered all over the restaurant-- is the BEST barbecue. So yummy! We ate there twice in the span of four days. I couldn't get enough.


Plus it's cheap. And if you know me at all, those are the magic words. You buy your meat by the pound which hopefully gives you an indication of how much Texans love this place.


Numero Dos: Howl at the Moon is an awesome piano bar near the River Walk in San Antonio. 


I guess they have locations all around the U.S. and if you're lucky enough that there's one in your area, GO. I've been to other dueling piano bars before, but this one easily took the cake. It opened at 5 pm on Saturday; we happened to be in the area, so we just waited til they opened, and slowly but surely a HUGE line formed behind us. At FIVE. I'm not sure if I've ever waited in line at five in the afternoon to go to a bar, but clearly I'm the only one. These people believed this bar was worth it. They were right. When we got in, they gave us 4 tickets for 1$ drinks (again, "cheap" is my favorite word ever) and we got wristbands for half off drinks til 8. So this whole alcoholism during the day thing really paid off. Might do that more often. 


All in all, it was a great trip! I'm happy I went. It was nice to catch up with an old friend. Next time I must remember to bring a camera. Rookie mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear what you guys think! Kisses.