Monday, September 12, 2011

Mushrooms and Cheese Making a Baby


Alright folks, this here is a very simple recipe. It takes about 10 minutes to perform, but the results are pretty delicious. It's a nice appetizer or side. I've had it twice this week with steak, but it works will all sorts of meals. I present: Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms. I wish there was a sexier name for it...maybe Mushrooms Humped with Cheese. Or Mushrooms and Cheese Making a Baby. I think I like that last one.

Mushrooms and Cheese Making a Baby

Ingredients:

Mushrooms (as many as you like. I can eat 6 in one sitting. But I pig out on these things. Make 4-5 per person.)
Boursin cheese (or you can substitute another soft, tasty cheese.)
Parmesan cheese

That's it!! Just 3 ingredients. Isn't that easy!?

Just to clarify, as far as it goes for the cheese, this is what we use:


But I'm sure a Rondele or something similar would be just fine:

It's not a big deal.

Directions:
All right, let's do this thing. Heat the oven (or toaster oven) to 350 F. 

Clean the mushrooms. Now you're not supposed to wash mushrooms because I guess they soak up the water and get mushy. You clean them by lightly brushing the outside of them with a paper towel to get any dirt or debris (!) off of them. Usually I lightly brush off the outer layer of the mushroom. Remove the stem from the mushroom. Discard it like a used condom.

NEXT. Get a spoon and put some of the Boursin (or other cheese) in the mushroom hole. Just fill it to the top/slightly above. This is up to your discretion, people. 

Finally, sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top. VOILA! 

Place on foil or a metal pan to cook. You're just warming it. It's finished when the top is golden brown. This usually takes about 10 minutes. Give or take 5 minutes. 

These things are a crowd-pleaser! And EASY! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear what you guys think! Kisses.