Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Navy Men

I'm not sure I mentioned this last week, but I spent the weekend in San Antonio. It was the Navy Ball--haha, blue balls--ahem (composure), there on Friday. I gotta say, I had a great time! I felt like Cinderella emerging from her normal everyday boring clothes into pretty diamonds and expensive shoes. That was, by far, the most dressed up I've been since my high school prom, and it was nice to spend the afternoon getting pretty.

I think every girl needs to go to a ball in her lifetime. Frankly it's kinda sexy. All those men in uniform. Hoo! Plus, there are times during the dinner when all the men stand up and recite their various pledges to the Navy. It may not sound like a big deal, but when 200 men stand with big muscles and booming voices (and they're all very passionate about what they're saying)...oh man, it looks good on them.

Here's some pictures of my night. My biggest regret of the night is that I didn't get a picture of the back of my dress. It was the best part of the dress! It had a open, swoop back (technical term) with a string of diamonds (real, of course) that lined the seam of it. I feel like a fool for not doing an over-the-shoulder picture. What can I say, you don't win 'em all.




I wore Celine shoes with a White House Black Market dress and vintage earrings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear what you guys think! Kisses.