Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Makeup: Like milk, but not really.

Makeup does the body good. (See how I inserted "makeup" in the place of "milk"? This is quality wordplay here, people.) 

Walking Walking. 

Makeup is a great way to express yourself. The trick is walking the line between "artsy" and "4th grader's art class on your face". It's a delicate, flimsy balancing act. It's fun to go crazy with brow liner or mascara or eyeshadow or lipstick--oh man, I could go on: eyeliner, blush, gloss, etc etc etc--but you don't want to end up looking like a clown or...how shall i say..."woman of the night". 

So I've separated the major makeup trends of the upcoming season into two sections: Day-to-Day Wearable Looks and Looks Best Reserved for the Runway (Or Halloween!). While I would guard against the latter for work meetings or date nights, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND them for Halloween. So let your freak flags fly ladies, we're going out on the town!

Day-to-Day Wearable Looks:


Louis Vuitton
Sonia Rykiel
Dolce & Gabbana
Donna Karan
Christian Dior
Anthony Vaccarello
Just Cavalli
Versace
Moschino
Derek Lam
Gianfranco Ferre
I'm loving the big lashes, strong lips, and bold eyebrows! To die!

And now:

Looks Best Reserved for the Runway (Or Halloween!):

Fendi
Viktor & Rolf
Mugler
Gareth Pugh
Manish Arora
They're art, don't get me wrong. But I doubt your date would be cool with gigantic glitter eyebrows. But if you don't like my words, PROVE ME WRONG. I welcome it. As long as you send pics. 


Thanks elle.com for the lovely photographs.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear what you guys think! Kisses.