Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ivy Awards

On Monday, I was lucky enough to attend the Ivy Bethune Tri-Union Diversity Awards in Los Angeles (oof, say that 5 times fast). It's the 9th Annual time around for this award show that honors diversity in the film, television, and theatre worlds. It was great! It was a night full of love and acceptance. It was really a nice divergence from the feeling that a lot of people have about LA being heartless and cold. I found that is definitely not the case. 

It wasn't technically my first award show, but it was definitely my first award show with famous people at it. I saw Kim Coles:



And J.R. Martinez:



I was INCHES away from J.R. Martinez, the Iraq war veteran/ All My Children actor who's now killing it on Dancing with the Stars. I wanted to say "Congratulations" for the Diversity Award he received, but I CHICKENED! So, another lost opportunity. Oh well. He said something incredible during his acceptance speech. So I wrote it down, and now I'm telling you people. He said,

Be you. No matter where your scars are.

I loved that. I think it's important to accept your life and hardships and all the difficulties you've endured, and THRIVE with those scars.

Here are some pictures from the night's festivities, including me on the step-and-repeat at the end of the night (it was my first step-and-repeat and I was a little stupid):













Overall, it was a great night! I'm so glad I got the opportunity to attend! 

Oh, in case you were wondering, I'm wearing a vintage Saint Germain (a la Paris) lace dress over a black Frenchi dress with Enzo Angiolini shoes and a Calderon clutch. A bientot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear what you guys think! Kisses.