Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cezanne

Twice I’ve been to the ‘Cezanne and American Modernism’ Exhibit at the Phoenix Art Museum, and I’ve got to say, it’s fantastic. The exhibit features Cezanne and his influence on modern artists painting in America. Paul Cezanne is a French Post-Impressionist born in the mid-19th century. Cezanne uses small brush strokes and vivid colors that appear impressionistic, but also highly realistic. There are many still lifes, landscapes, and portraits–running themes in Cezanne’s work. Looking at the world through his eyes is tres incroyable!

I promise you won't be sorry you went. And if you are sorry...well, if I'm feeling generous, maybe I'll take you out for an ice cream cone at McDonald's. IF I'm feeling generous. Don't get any funny ideas, you. But I don't think the ice cream will be necessary once you're filled up on all that delicious culture.

It doesn’t hurt that Wednesdays are free at the Phoenix Art Museum. But hurry, the exhibit closes on September 26th!

1625 N. Central Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona 85004-1685, (602) 257-1222

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear what you guys think! Kisses.