Monday, February 20, 2012

Marilyn Michelle


Last week I was lucky enough to get to attend a screening of My Week with Marilyn followed by a Question and Answer session with Michelle Williams and Kenneth Branagh. 

Here's a trailer:



I was impressed. She does deserve all the acclaim she's getting. I will say her acting, for me, started a little weak, but it got progressively better and better throughout the film until she really was just killin it. And Michelle as a person is really interesting. I didn't know quite what to expect , but she is very intelligent and well spoken. And Kenneth Branagh was very intelligent, quite humble, and charming. As a pair, I thought they were very complimentary. I was obvious that both had an immense respect for the other. 

I highly recommend that you--especially if you are interested in fashion--go see this movie. You won't regret the 8 bucks. 

Here's some of the footage (taken on my iPhone, so, sorry about the quality) from the Q and A:


Michelle on Marilyn's magic and how she recreated it:


Kenneth on fear and how to overcome it:



Lauren's Rating: 9.1 red lipsticks out of 10 pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear what you guys think! Kisses.