Thursday, June 21, 2012

We're all winners here

A few weeks ago (oh gosh, how time flies!), I was lucky enough to get an invite to the Music Video Production Association Awards. It's basically the Grammy's for the music videos themselves, instead of just the songs. If you want to learn more about the Music Video Production Association, click here.

 It was a pretty spectacular turnout. It was held at the Taglyan Grand Ballroom on Vine in Hollywood
 
-- side note: This place is BEAUTIFUL!! If any of you are looking to get married in the Los Angeles area any time soon, check this place out. It has a striking ballroom and a beautiful garden area.--

and had an amazing dinner before the awards began. I think this was the first time I've had steak, chicken, and fish on one plate at the same time. I took a picture of my plate, but I remembered to do that only after I'd half-eaten everything, so I don't think you guys would want to see it. You'll have to take my word for it; it was quite a spread. 

Then came the awards, where they honored the production side of the videos from artists like Rihanna to The Black Keys to Skrillex to Sara Bareilles. 

Here's some pictures from the night and a few of the winning videos that I particularly liked:



 some of the winners were voyeuristic:
 
some of the winners were retro:
 
 some of the winners were patriotic:
 
some of the winners were simple:
 
 some of the winners were cult-y:
 
some of the winners were futile:

maroon 5 - Never Gonna Leave This Bed, sara bareilles - Gonna Get Over You, kanye west and jay z - Otis, the black keys - Lonely Boy, cults - Go Outside, lana del rey - Blue Jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear what you guys think! Kisses.